Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What I've learned about Islam Religion.......

As what I know from the Muslims , the word "Islam"itself means"Submission to Allah". I learned the key components of Islam such as the Ramadan of the Muslims in which they are refraining in eating, smoking, drinking and refraining in making sins. During the Ramadan, most of the Muslims have their fasting for almost 28-30 days because they believe that fasting is a great sacrifice which can help them in asking forgiveness to their God Allah. They only celebrate this event once a year. As compared to the solar calendar, the dates of Ramadan vary, moving forward about ten days each year as it is a moving holiday depending on the moon. Hajj is their fifth pillars of faith in which a millions of Muslims make an annual pilgrimage to Mecca. For me, Muslims are very religious. According to my classmate, their Qur'an is the continuation of the Holy Bible of the Catholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment